Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Pricing One-Eighty On His 360

| Right | November 14, 2012

(I am ringing up a customer purchasing a mildly anticipated videogame.)

Me: “Before I start ringing these up, would you happen to have your [store name] rewards card with you?”

Customer: “No, I don’t even have one! Those are just a way for you to get more money out of me!”

Me: “Actually, we offer the basic version for free. If you would like to sign up now all you have to do is—”

Customer: “I said no, godd*** it!”

Me: “Alright, sir. No problem. I’ll just ring these up then.”

(The customer is buying a used Xbox 360, and five or so games. It takes me a few minutes to grab the Xbox and games from the back, as the ones on display are empty to prevent theft.)

Me: “Okay, would you like to put $10 down on a pre-order for any games?”

Customer: “No! Just hurry it up!”

Me: “Alright your total is $210.67.”

Customer: “I told you earlier I only wanted to spend $200 on this.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. You will have to put one of these games back or trade one for a cheaper one. The used versions are always cheaper and work just as well as the new ones.”

Customer: “No, you don’t understand! I want to spend $200 on this stuff.”

(This goes on for a few minute, until he finally decides to exchange one of the games for a cheaper one.)

Me: “Alright your total is $183.43.”

Customer: “Are you stupid?! I only want to spend $200!”

Me: *gives up* “Okay, your total is now $200 dollars.”

Customer: “Finally!”

(He hands me the money, grabs his items, and leaves without his receipt. I felt it would be wrong to keep the money, so I gave about half off the price for the next nice customer.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!