Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #93776

, , | Unfiltered | September 11, 2017

(I take a call from a customer who is making a reservation.)

Me: “Alright, you’re all set. Now, did you want to take your confirmation number over the phone or do you want me to send you a confirmation email?”

Customer: “Send it by email please. The address is… wait, I’m going to give you my boyfriend’s email.” *to her boyfriend in the background* “Babe? What’s your email address?”

(He gives it to her and she relays it to me.)

Customer: “Wait, I’m pretty sure there’s a number ‘1’ before the @ sign.” *to her boyfriend* “Babe, isn’t there a ‘1’ before the @?”

Boyfriend: “Nope.”

Customer: “Are you sure?”

Boyfriend: “Yes, babe, I’m sure. It’s my address isn’t it?”

Customer: *to me* “I’m going to check just to be sure; men are usually wrong. I’m so sure there’s a ‘1’ before the @.”

Me: “Sure, no problem. Take your time.”

Boyfriend: “Babe! There’s no ‘1’ before the @. It’s just—” *gives address*

Customer: *to me* “Ignore him; I’m certain there’s a ‘1’ in there somewhere. Men are always wrong.”

Me: “Okay…”

Customer: “Oh! I found it! The address is [gives original address without a ‘1’ in it.] There, so there is no number ‘1’ in there. I knew it! I love being right!”

Me: “Okay… well your confirmation is being sent. Have a nice day, ma’am.”

Customer: “You too!” *to someone in the background as she’s hanging up* “I knew I was right, there was no number ‘1’—”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!