Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #92746

, | Unfiltered | August 30, 2017

(I am in college at the time, and recently lost my childhood dog over finals week.. I come back home shortly afterwards, and plan to run some errands with my boyfriend. Because I am out, my parents ask me to pick up her ashes from the pet store, so long as I can handle it. Since my boyfriend is with me, I agree; though, I am admittedly a little bit numb as it still hasn’t sunk in. Still, I go to the back of the store and am greeted by a young nurse.)

Nurse: *chirpy* How can I help you?

Me: I am here to pick up Holly [Last Name].

Vet: *types name into system* I will get her in just a minute. I bet you are glad to have your pup home soon, huh?

Me: *a little forlorn* I guess.

Vet: *continues on, obliviously* And I bet she will be glad to see you!

Me: *deadpan* She is dead.

(I can then see the wheels turning as it clicks. Suddenly, she turns bright red.)

Vet: I am SO sorry! I mean, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your childhood dog? I am sorry. Why don’t I go get her for you?

(At that point, I had to assure her it was alright, and if she looked at Holly’s records, she would see she had been in and out for months previously. Really, it was hard to be mad at the lady for trying to make small talk about my loving, sweet dog. I know she would’ve loved the attention, and I already had too many great memories of her. Besides, I probably should’ve started by saying I was picking up ashes!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!