Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #323027

, , | Unfiltered | April 17, 2024

This is a clothing store (if you don’t know,) and it was nearly 9PM, so we had to close. I was in charge of the fitting room, and the way to get into the bathroom is through the fitting room… but it was closed. A few ladies told me they needed the bathroom, and I had to tell them we were closed and that I was sorry – one lady persisted, saying she REALLY needed to go. She said “are you the manager?” and I completely understand, so I went to the manager and explained the situation (what I’m required to do, especially as a relatively new employee.) I went and let everyone in the bathroom. There was apparently no toilet paper, as all the ladies but the one that persisted came out to report. I went to go check on the persistent lady, to ask if she needed paper – I was trying to help. Yet before I opened the door, I heard her complaining on the phone about me (???… okay? I did nothing?) and before I finished my thoughtful question, she came out of there being rude as f*ck. She said there was no paper (that’s what I was trying to say before I was rudely interrupted.) I was going to offer to get some, but I had to ask someone else, because I do not know where the toilet paper is. She was being mad ghetto, complaining on the phone to her friend and calling me a “white b*tch.” She then asked for my name, to which I shrugged and pretended to not hear. You cannot be coming up in this store calling me bad customer service, when you wouldn’t let me finish a single sentence. I was only trying to help. She found the manager, and apparently said I was the one being rude, and giving attitude. She accused me of following her into the bathroom (girl why would I do that), then saying there was no paper anyway. She accused me of being racist (she is black.) She also said I was giving her attitude when I wouldn’t give her my name. The manager told me all this, then added that she knew I was going to be right because the customer wasn’t listening to her either while she explained that 1, I am a new employee, 2, I really don’t know where the toilet paper is, and 3, I was only doing as instructed. Well, I had no choice but to apologize to the lady. Not even then was she listening, she waved me off for the millionth time, and said it was fine with a nasty face. Girl what is up with you. It’s so ridiculous, it’s funny.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!