Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #323025

, , | Unfiltered | April 15, 2024

(Living in an apartment complex for a while gets you used to some… interesting individuals. Thankfully, my current surrounding neighbors range from “quiet and keep to themselves” to “actively friendly,” so it’s quite pleasant. As the apartments all have outside doors rather than a joint indoor hallway, I often get to see the next-door family’s kid on my way to work, who always gives a big smile and wave through the window.

I finally got to see them face to face, the mom was watching the boy as he was playing with sidewalk chalk, and I was walking home with dinner. He sees me, stands up, and gives that same smile and wave.)

Boy: Hi!

Me: Hi!

Boy: *still waving* Hi!

Me: Hello!

Boy: *still waving* Hi!

Me: I can’t wave back today kiddo, my arms are full of pizza!

(The boy stops waving and gives me a look of awe and wonder, like I had just explained one of the deep mysteries of the universe. Then he gives me what I can only describe as a “full body nod” with how much he put into it.)

Boy: YES!!

(I and the mother bust out laughing, I wish them a good night, and share the story with my spouse who also laughs. And yes, since then, I still see the kid as often as not, and we still wave!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!