Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #321982

| Unfiltered | May 1, 2024

I’m in the reservations department of a cruise line, basically selling cruises to guests who call us or ask to be called. My office is in Europe, but I’m part of the team servicing the US.
One day I get an inbound call.
Guest: Hi, I saw a cruise on your website and I wanted to get some information on it?
I ask some questions and pull up the one he is referring to, a cruise going from Rome to Venice.
Me: Yes, this is a very beautiful cruise, it stops in *gives spiel about the ports etc*
Guest: Yeah, I really want to go back to Venice, it is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. You’ve probably never been there…
Me: Uh…
Guest: And I was thinking of staying in Rome for a few days before the cruise. I have a friend who lives there and I’ve stayed with him. You really should visit Rome, it’s wonderful…

He kept going on and on about Venice and Rome, in an absolutely snobby tone of voice. I’m Italian, I’ve been to both cities multiple times in my life. Please don’t speak to customer service people like they’re poor idiots, we travel too!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!