Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #328056

| Unfiltered | May 1, 2024

This is a conversation between my brother and his five-year-old daughter.

Niece: “Daddy, how come you’re always busy? You come home and just go back to work on your computer.”

Brother: “Well, here’s the thing. I actually can’t do work at my workplace. The computers there are really slow and unreliable. So I normally just go there, receive my work, slack off the rest of the day, then come home and actually do it on my PC.”

He pauses.

Brother: “I suppose I *could* do the work at work, but it takes me the whole day to finish 10% of the work. Which seems rather pointless, as I can get everything done within half an hour at home.”

Niece: “That’s stupid.”

Brother: “Yes, it’s rather counterintuitive, but my boss is old fashioned and doesn’t let anyone go work from home, even though it’s more efficient. So I just sit down at my desk and watch Netflix until closing time.”

Me: “You can do that? I thought that your workplace had a lot of confidential client data.”

Brother: “What’s our family motto?”

Niece: *proudly* “It’s not illegal unless you get caught!”

Brother: *jerks thumb* “What she said.”

Me: *rolls eyes* “And you say *I’m* the bad influence on her.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!