Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #296096

, | Unfiltered | July 11, 2023

We live in a province where Covid restrictions have been pretty severe. For the last three months, we haven’t been allowed to have any indoor gatherings, and even as restaurants gradually open up, you’re only allowed to go with people in your household.

I work at the front desk of a hospital with other coworkers, and we only let those in that have appointments or are approved to visit a patient. One day, in the vestibule between the doors, a patient is hanging out with some other people who came from outside. No one in the group are wearing masks or social distancing, which is obviously not allowed. While my coworkers and I are discussing this, one speaks up.

Coworker #1: “They should be allowed to visit. It’s fine. I’m sure the patient’s mental health isn’t great.”

(If that patient’s unit said no visitors, patients aren’t allowed to find other ways to socialize, especially on hospital property.)

Some coworkers get upset with this coworker. Coworker #2 is the most angry. I leave for my break, but find out after I got back that the group was told to break up, and Coworker #3 spoke with our boss about Coworker #1.

A couple weeks later, I am working with Coworker #3. They chuckle and show me a picture sent by Coworker #2 … who is out drinking … with some other coworkers. I guess it’s not okay for a patient to socialize, but it is okay for them to go out for drinks with other coworkers.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!