Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #295561

, , | Unfiltered | July 5, 2023

(Back when VCRs were the way to record TV, my parents taught me to record my TV shows at a young age–probably four or five, as I was still in preschool. One of my favorite princess movies is set to show with a talk by the “real” princess, so I, of course, set the VCR to record with a fresh tape. Once the movie is over, I mark the side with the title–or at least I think I do. I can read a little, but my writing is much worse. To make matters worse, the title of the movie was in fancy script with lots of squiggles that I attempted to replicate. Because my writing is small and only on one side of the label, when my parents find the tape, they only think I’ve drawn on it. A few weeks later, I hear my parents arguing.)

Dad: You recorded over my football game.

Mom: I did?

Dad: Yes! I wrote the date on the side!

(I’m curious and come over to investigate. They continue arguing while I take a look at the tape. I see my scribble and instantly recognize my label, which sends me into tears.)

Dad: What’s wrong, [My Name]?

Me: You recorded over my movie!

(Both of my parents felt pretty bad after that and learned to understand that the “scribbles” were my attempts to label my own tapes.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!