Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #294765

, | Unfiltered | June 28, 2023

One night, I get a message on Facebook:

Stranger: Hi [name], I was up the [mountain range] yesterday and found an ID pass from the [employer] matching your name. Is it possibly yours?

(I work for that employer. I was hiking in that area… five weeks ago, and 50 miles from where I live. I hiked up a mountain in a lot of snow – ankle to knee deep. It was downright wrong during the pandemic – I realise that now. I carry my work ID when off duty because, during the pandemic, it entitles me to free public transport. I had not noticed because I also drive.)

Me: Wow! Yes, that is mine. Could I trouble you to send it back to me at [address]? What’s your email and I’ll Paypal you some beer money?
Me: Here’s my picture, it will match the ID.
(I send a selfie.)
Stranger: Oh, no bother. I’ll send it first class tomorrow.
Me: Well, we’ll have to come to some arrangement. I own my own business as [occupation]. If you’re ever in my area, I’ll help you out for nothing.

(That could have been anything. A driving licence, a wallet. It survived five weeks up a snowy mountain, was found by a stranger who found me on Facebook.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!