Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #285326

, | Unfiltered | March 4, 2023

For some time telemarketers contracted by a power company had been calling me to offer me cheaper electricity, the problem is utilities are included in my rent which they should know by now seeing how every apartment building in this neighborhood is owned by the same company & everyone’s utilities are included in the rent, meaning they should be able to tell from the address if the person pays for his/her own electricity, after a while I sent email to the power company forbidding them and their partners to call me & got a response that they would pass the information onto their partners & their own marketing staff, this worked for a month until I got another call.

Me: “[My name]”
Telemarketer: “Hi, this is [Her Name] calling from [Power company], do you still live in”
Me: “[Power company] huh? Are you SURE you work for them?”
Telemarketer: “Yes, I am with [Power company], and-”
Me: “BS, if you were you wouldn’t have called me as my number is flagged in [Power company]’s systems as “do not call”, so either your employer has broken the law by not complying with my demand to be put on their “do not call” list, or you are lying, let’s try this again, who do you work for?”
Telemarketer: “I-I work for [Power company]”
Me: “Stop lying, you work for a telemarketing company, now remove my number from your list!”
Telemarketer: “I think I know who I work for!”
Me: “REMOVE MY NUMBER FROM YOUR LIST!” (click)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!