Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #263249

, | Unfiltered | July 20, 2022

(I work in a relatively small animal hospital, so unfortunately we don’t have any backups in the event of a power outage. A transformer blew, so everything is down, phones included. We’re unable to call patients, or do any of our surgeries, so we just have to wait. When clients come in at their scheduled appointment times, we inform them of the power outage, and as long as their appointment can still be done without power, we still see them. One of our more…unique clients arrives for her appointment time.)

Client: “No one responded to my email!”

Me: “I’m very sorry Miss [name], but our power has been out all morning, so I’ve been unable to access the emails yet.”

Client: “I tried to call too!”

Me: “Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but since the power was out, I couldn’t use the phones either.”

*the client doesn’t respond, taking a seat*

Client: *several minutes later, walks back to my desk* “I sent two emails! No one replied!”

Me: “I know ma’am, but without power, I couldn’t check the emails. Once it’s back up, there won’t be an issue, but as of now, it’s still out. You can tell the doctor whatever you emailed her in your appointment. They’ll be getting you in very soon.”

Client: “I called too! No one answered; I almost called the cops to do a…what’s it called? A wellness check?”

Me: *internally screaming, but also trying not to laugh* “I…I see. Well hopefully the power will be back up soon.”

(The client told me another 2 times about the emails and phones not being answered, before the tech finally called them into the exam room. I wasn’t sure how many more ways I could say the same thing!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!