Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #254321

, | Unfiltered | February 25, 2022

I always felt a certain business network website is extremely overrated. Due to my inability to find a “real” job (as in: one on my level of schooling, which I like and earns me a proper salary), people around me have been advising me to make an account for years, always arguing that I will be contacted by lots of recruiters if I do so. This annoys me often, since I already have an account on the website and it has never been any real use to me. I have especially never been contacted by recruiters. I have been contacted by stupid advertisers though.

The worst (or funniest) example of this happened a few days ago. I saw I had received a message from someone I don’t know. It started off with the question whether I used payroll for [name of the company where I currently work]. “If so, I would like to make you a non-committal proposition.”
This gets my attention, since it sounds like an opportunity for work. But when I continue reading, I see that the proposition is as follows: “I can make a calculation for you what it would cost to have the payment of your employees through [her payroll company]. Through us you can save about 40% on employment costs!”

I immediately made a print-screen of the message, with censored names of the lady and both companies. I put that on facebook with the words: “I didn’t know I had been promoted.” Not only do I not have any control over the salaries at the place where I work. Officially, I’m still a temp. If you really want to send these annoying kinds of spam to people, at least do it on a good lead.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!