Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #247319

, , | Unfiltered | November 9, 2021

So 2 separate stories into one. Dont feel like typing 2 separate ones out.
This is on Thanksgiving day.
I’m working and I’m really tired since at this point, I’ve been working 5 days in a row and my hip is hurting for some reason and I’m only 19. I guess the tiredness was showing on my face and this lady around maybe 5o years old comes through my lane and buys some simple things. She looks through the candy real quick and picks a snickers bar,king size.
As I scan the snickers bar she tells me “That’s for you”. I’m just a little surprised since I didnt really expect it. I thanked her a lot and she went on her way. It was very delicious.

2nd story, close to closing around 5:50pm.
So I’m currently finishing up with a customer when i’m hear the cashier in front of me page for a manager. Two of them come to the front since they’re the only ones left.Apparantly, the customer tried to get $200 CASH BACK.
She didnt have a lot in her till since they gave us new ones due to a new policy.
Customer: Why cant you just give me my money from the register?!!
Manager 1: She doesnt have enough money in the till for that amount.
Manager 2: The limit on cash back is $60. It should say on a sticker on the pin pad.
Customer: WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT!!? If I knew it was $60, i would have gotten that amount!!
Me: *thinking* Who the hell thinks there’s enough money for $200 cash back in a till?!
Why didnt he ASK?!!!
He ended up getting his money since it had already been taken from his account. They took it from the safe where they keep the money. I was surprised the register even let him do that amount. At a certain point, our registers would need an override if it went over $60 but I guess it didnt work anymore or idk.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!