Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #243064

, | Unfiltered | September 4, 2021

My grandmother was born in the 1920’s and during WW2 she rolled into the resistance. Eventually she was saved from the firing squad by a German commander, who heard about the fall of Hitler and didn’t see the point of killing the condemmed people in front of him. My grandmother faced more misfortune in her life, like an abusive husband who left her right after the birth of my father. Eventually she remarried with a good man, lived a good life, until her sister committed suicide and her husband died of a heart attack. Ever since, she’s been alone, even though we visit her often. In her early 80’s, she looks like the stereotype fragile grandmother, living alone at home. One day, the doorbell rings and my grandmother answers the door. She sees a woman she has never seen before.

Grandmother: Yes?

Woman: I new here. I come drink coffee.

Her Dutch is broken. My grandmother comes from the era when someone new moves into the street, you’d invite that person in for coffee and cookies. However, her street is mostly white people and this lady has color. My grandmother also didn’t notice anybody moving.

Grandmother: You moved here?

Woman: Yes, I moved here. I new. I come drink coffee.

Grandmother: Where did you move?

Woman: I moved there *she points to somewhere right*. I come drink coffee!

The woman suddenly pushes herself forward, trying to pass my grandmother. However, my grandmother grabs the lady by the arm, swings her around and litterary kicks her out of her home! The woman hits the city light in front of my grandmother’s home quite hard. The woman looks up scared.

Grandmother: If you moved over there, then go drink coffee over there!

My grandmother slams the door close. When she told us this story, we referred her to the news and a new scam thieves tried: the one the lady tried to pull. She didn’t expect my grandmother still having fighting spirit inside her!

My grandmother is now in her 90’s and even though her body is not that feisty any more, her mind still is. And if someone would want to push themselves inside her home again… she would kick them out once more!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!