Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #241778

, | Unfiltered | August 15, 2021

[Big Box Store] had two locations in my immediate area somewhat. One was local and the other was about 20 miles away, close to the state border.

Coming back from errands in the other state I stopped off at [Big Box Store 2] and exchanged my carbon dioxide canister for a new one. I didn’t realize until I got home and tried to install the new canister that it was another empty canister.

Because [Big Box Store 1] was closer I went there first.

Me: I’d like to return this. Here’s my receipt. They gave me an empty canister in exchange for my canister
[Big Box Store 1]: This isn’t for our location.
Me: OK?
[Big Box Store 1]: You have to go back to [Big Box Store 2] to get this exchanged properly.
Me: I have to go all the way back to [Town] just to get this fixed?
[Big Box Store 1]: Yes.

I was astonished. [Big Box Store] is a national chain. Normally there’s no rule about having to go back to the same store to do a refund, especially in the same state. But they refused to fix it. They offered to sell me a full canister at full price of course, but what good would that do when I’d *already* paid half-price to get a refilled one.

So… yep, off for a 40 mile drive – there and back – just to fix what they should have done right in the first place.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!