Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #185612

, , | Unfiltered | February 12, 2020

I’m working at a Starbucks located in a Target store. A few minutes prior to this incident, my register crashed and started to restart (this takes about 15-20 minutes). It wasn’t very busy, so I started taking some dishes to the back before close. As I come out I see a woman looking at our giftcards.
Me: Ma’am, I’m sorry, but my register just crashed. I’m sorry, but I won’t be able to ring up any gift cards. If you need a drink made I’ll be happy to do that, but I can’t do giftcards because they need to be activated by our computer system.
Her: Really? Are you kidding me? You can do everything BUT ring up giftcards?!
Me: That’s not what I meant, I can’t ring anything up right now I-
Her: Are you kidding me? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! (she’s yelling by now) I EVEN CALLED TO ASK IF YOU WERE OPEN SINCE THE ONE IN BUFFALO ISN’T! And NOW you try to tell me you can’t even ring me up??
Me: Ma’am, again, I am extremely sorry. I understand this is extremely inconvenient f-
Her: Inconvenient?! Do you even understand how hard it is for me to get out of my car?? (she had a boot on her foot) Not to MENTION I had to drive OUT OF MY WAY to get these cards, and now you’re telling me I can’t?! This is un-be-FREAKING-leavable!
Me:Ma’am I know this is hard, but please understand that I cannot control when the register decides to crash.
Her: Well I’ll just take my business elsewhere then if you can’t help me!
(The kicker? The person who covered my break was the person who checked her out. I guess we did get her business after all.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!