Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #167673

, | Unfiltered | September 24, 2019

I work in a call center/technical support environment. I won’t say which company it is for, although we specialize in making simplified devices so that even unintelligent people are able to use them with moderate ease (most of the time, anyways).
—–

Customer: I need you to help me restore my text messages! They’re gone!

Me: Okay ma’am, well I am certainly more than happy to help you in trying to recover your data. I know that if this happened with my device I would be upset also, so we’ll make sure to get things handled for you as quickly as possible today.

Customer: I need my messages NOW! I have to be at a meeting in 30 minutes.

Me: Okay ma’am, well all we need to do is restore a backup file from either [insert program] or [insert cloud service] and we should have a good choice of recovering this information. Do you know when you first noticed the issue where the messages went missing?

Customer: Yes, the messages first went missing two weeks ago.

Me: And I see that you haven’t called in about this issue previously, is that also correct?

Customer: [in a self-entitled and insulted tone of voice] NO! I’ve called in 4 times alone today. Can’t you see that in your damn records?

Me: Okay, well ma’am I’m certainly more than happy to make sure we get this issue resolved for you this evening. Why don’t we go ahead and go through a few steps to try and recover your data?

Customer: No, I don’t want to talk to you, get me your supervisor.

Me: Ma’am, I am a supervisor.

Customer: I want a different supervisor, then.

Me: Ma’am, I am unable to transfer you to anyone else. I am the highest level of authority you can speak to this evening, and I assure you that I am more than happy to help you in trying to resolve your issue.

Customer: Fine then, I’ll just call in and speak to someone who knows how to do their job.

Me: They’re just going to tell you the same thing, ma’am, but have a nice day and thank you for calling [Insert company name here].

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!