Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Transaction History Is Not Safe(word)

| Right | August 5, 2017

(I work in the branch of a relatively large bank in a “less than savoury” area. The following customer, who looks like a middle-age mother, comes up to my desk:)

Customer: “Yeah, hi, I’ve got a charge on my card that I don’t know and would like my money back.”

Me: “Sure, I can have a look at it for you. Have you got the account number or the card with you?”

(She throws the card towards me. I pick it up and start typing in the number.)

Me: “And on which date did the transaction occur?”

Customer: “Monday just gone, for [amount] at [Street] bookstore… There is NO BOOKSTORE ON THAT STREET.”

(I pull up the statement and find the transaction and I can see where the confusion is. It’s not a bookstore; it’s the discreet trading name for one of the town’s sex shops, a fact I learned in my first week with the bank.)

Me: “Okay, I have found the transaction and I know what it is; I’ll write it down for you.”

(I grab a small notepad and write the name of the sex shop on it and hand it to her. The woman’s face goes red, which at first I thought was a blush because she did know what it was, but she proceeds to grab her card and storms off.)

Customer: “I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!