Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Won’t Beer-lieve This

| Working | February 4, 2017

(During high school I have a part-time job at a restaurant in front-of-house so, I’m around 17 to 18, not old enough to drink yet. The head chef is very serious during service but laid-back and funny other times. I’m blonde.)

Chef: “[My Name], can you do me a favour?”

Me: “Yes, [Chef], I have time.”

Chef: “Can you get me three beers in a bucket with ice?”

Me: *confused* “Yes, [Chef].”

(I then proceed to grab a bucket, wash it thoroughly, go to bar, grab three beers, open the beers and dump their contents in, then go to freezer and put some ice in it and give it to Chef.)

Chef: *looks at this full bucket* “What the f*** is this?!”

Me: “Three beers… in a bucket… with ice?”

Chef: *notices I’m serious and starts laughing*

Me: *horrified, recognises my mistake*

(I was so embarrassed that I had wasted all that beer, I went to the owner so I could pay for them. She refused to have me pay, and luckily beer battered fish was on the menu, so it just got put into the batter. The chef teased me all night, and for the rest of my time working there. I would constantly have to retell the story to people who heard of the incident, as well as to customers who knew the owner! Everyone was super specific to me after that, and I always got clarification.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!