Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wireless, Clueless, And Hopeless, Part 19

| Right | September 29, 2015

(My company issues computers to all of its field employees. I work in the corporate office, troubleshooting various issues. All users have one of several model laptops and all have the same operating system.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company] IT support. How may I help you?”

User: “Yes, I can’t get my emails. The Internet just says it can’t display the webpage.”

Me: “Okay, well, let’s see what we can do about that. Are you connected to the Internet?”

User: “How would I know?”

(I walk her through finding the list of connections next to the date and time.)

User: “It says no connections.”

Me: “Oh, okay, well, we need to get on one before the Internet will work. Do you have service bars showing on your broadband card to connect there?”

User: “No, I live in the country and can’t get a signal.”

Me: “Okay, do you have home wifi?”

User: “Yes.”

Me: “Can you connect to that?”

User: “I don’t know; what is my home wifi?”

Me: “It’ll show up on that list of possible connections.”

User: “There are [names off the three networks showing]. Which one is mine?”

Me: “I don’t know, ma’am… You or your Internet provider would have set it up.”

(She manages to find it written down on some papers nearby.)

User: “Okay, it wants a password. What’s my password?”

Me: “Ma’am, that is something you set up with your Internet provider. You don’t have it written down?”

User: “No, can you reset it for me?”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!