Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Weathering Bad Comments

| Friendly | September 7, 2015

(I regularly attend a convention that’s notorious for having problems with its online registration every year. Its attendees are also notorious for complaining very vocally about said problems every year.)

Convention Website: “We’ve found some problems with the registration program, so registration will be delayed until next Tuesday. We thank you for your patience.”

Commenter: “[Company] has been doing this convention for ten years. You guys should know how to build a website and an online registration system by now!”

(Registration finally goes up, but two days later the company’s phone lines go down due to flooding in the area. They post another notice.)

Convention Website: “To anyone trying to call our offices, the floods have wiped out our phone lines. We’ll let you know when our phones are operating again. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

Commenter: “[Company] has been doing this for ten years! You guys should know how to control the weather by now!”

(I hope he was being sarcastic, but given that this is the Internet, you never know…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!