Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Towering Ignorance

| Right | February 7, 2014

(I work in tech support for cell phones. A coworker is having a conversation with a customer whose phone isn’t working.)

Agent: “Okay! Have you tried checking out the settings on your phone? You may have turned those services off.”

Customer: “No, I didn’t. Definitely didn’t do that.”

Agent: “Hmm, I see! Well, you could always give our customer service department a quick call to see if something is up! How’s that sound?”

Customer: “I’m at my cousin’s house and the elevation is very high so I made sure to turn ‘airplane mode’ on. It’s pissing me off that this isn’t working.”

Agent: “Oh! Airplane mode is actually going to disable your phone from using those features. Take that off for me, please, and try again.”

Customer: “Wow! Do you think I’m going to be fooled like that? You’re lying. How do people talk to each other on airplanes? DUH! Sucks when I know more than an employee…”

Agent: “I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Could you elaborate, please? ”

Customer: “Uhm, wow. I can’t believe I’m doing this: Airplane mode is for when you need to call someone while up high in the air to connect to satellites and stuff rather than towers. How do you think pilots and astronauts contact ground control? You’re a complete idiot. Goodbye.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!