Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Assay The Essay Situation, Part 8

| Learning | May 16, 2017

(We have been doing a group project. It is separated into two parts. We hand in the completed project together as part one, and a 3,000 word essay separately as part two. Our results are given out individually. One of my best friends and partners on the project comes up to me after the results are given out.)

Friend: “Why did I fail and you pass?”

Me: “I don’t know. It must have been from the essay portion.”

Friend: “But we all handed it in together.”

Me: “No, we handed the project in together, but the write up was meant to be done separately.”

Friend: *thoroughly aghast* “So you’re telling me you let me fail so you could pass!”

Me: “Where the h*** did you get that from? Did you even hand the essay in?”

Friend: “I didn’t do it because you–” *prods my chest* “–were supposed to.”

Me: “You wanted me to write 3,000 words for my own essay, then write yours?”

Friend: “THAT’S WHAT FRIENDS DO!” *storms away*

(We were in a group of five, and she was the only one who didn’t submit the essay. I asked around afterwards and I was the only one who got that treatment from her. We are still friends years later, but she is bitter about it and still blames me for her failure, expecting me to make it up to her. It has put a tension on our friendship and we barely talk unless it is in person. I don’t even have her number saved to my phone.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!