Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Throwing A Fit(ting)

| Working | March 18, 2013

(I’m trying on blouses in the fitting room of a clothing store. When I’m done, I take my things and walk over to the fitting room attendant.)

Attendant: “Did you find everything you need today?”

Me: “Actually, I did! I was looking for a nice shirt to wear tonight, and I found just the right thing. Here are the ones I don’t want.”

Attendant: “That’s just great! Leave it to [store name], huh?”

(She looks a little too happy that I’ve found a shirt, which catches me off guard. I laugh nervously.)

Me:  “…Ha ha, yeah. I guess so.”

(The bright smile on the attendant’s face vanishes instantly, and she scowls at me darkly.)

Attendant:  “And what do you mean by that?”

Me:  “What? Nothing. Sorry, I just meant—”

Attendant: “You LAUGHED at me!”

Me: “No, I just—”

Attendant: “You LAUGHED at this STORE!”

Me: “But I—”

Attendant: “[Store name] is here for YOU, and you’re just brushing it off like it’s nothing! If you think you’re too good for [store name], why did you even come here?!  Just pay for your shirt and GET OUT!”

(I took her advice and got out of there ASAP. I still go back to that store occasionally, but I never try on clothes if I see that attendant working!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!