Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Phone-y Claim Doesn’t Ring True

| Right | October 10, 2012

(I am working the front counter at the post office. [Customer #1] is in front of me, while Customers #2 and #3 are at the center counter filling out paperwork.)

Customer #2: “Hey, have you seen my cellphone?”

Customer #3: “I thought you brought it in with you.”

Customer #2: “Yeah, so did I. Can you call it for me?’

([Customer #3] obliges and dials [Customer #2]’s phone. Surprisingly, a phone starts ringing. Customer #2 walks around by the front of the counter and looks at Customer #1.)

Customer #s: “Ma’am, I think my phone is in your purse.”

Customer #1: “No, you must be mistaken. That’s my phone.”

Customer #2: “Well, if it’s your phone, aren’t you going to answer it?”

Customer #1: “I think I’ll let it go to voicemail.”

Me: “Ma’am, I think you need to show us that phone.”

(She reluctantly reaches into her purse and brings out the phone. [Customer #2] takes the phone.)

Customer #2: “That is MY phone!”

Customer #1: “Oh, I’m so sorry, I forgot. I did find it on the counter and I was going to turn it in, but I got distracted…”

(Moral of the story: if you’re going to steal a cellphone, have the sense to turn the ringer off!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!