Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Uniforms Come Out In The ‘Wash’

| Friendly | April 27, 2016

(My roommates, my husband, and I are sitting in the living room watching the news when Roommate #1 enters the room.)

Roommate #1: “Oh, good. You’re all home. Hey, everybody, I’ve installed a computer game and we’re going to pretend to like Star Trek tonight.”

(I sigh and go to my bedroom. I can hear the conversation continue.)

Roommate #1: “She’ll be back, right? We need six for this game, and we’ve only got five, but I think we can do it.”

Husband: “Well, I don’t know. You did say that we were pretending to like Star Trek.”

(I return, dressed in Lieutenant Uhura’s uniform.)

Roommate #1: “Okay, I didn’t mean to pretend that hard.”

Me: “I have three science officers uniforms upstairs and a red-shirt, if you’d prefer?”

(Roommate #1 introduces us to this new game, a starship bridge simulator. We all enjoy it. Afterwards:)

Roommate #2: *looks at my uniform* “So… where did you get that and do they have any of the others?”

Me: “Oh, yeah, original and next gen. Not bad prices, either.”

Roommate #1: “I guess we are planning to pretend that hard.”

Husband: *who played helm the whole game* “I want a Hawaiian shirt. And plastic dinosaurs.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!