Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Things Can Weight To Be Said, Part 3

| Working | November 24, 2012

(We have hired several operators recently for a limited period of time, and only some of them will stay in the company. I’m having a meeting with one of those who will leave; it’s because of her behavior.)

Me: “According to your performance reviews, you exceeded your allowed break time for 13 weeks, were late at least 5 times each month and refused to obey your manager 2 times. Why’s that?”

Operator: “Because of fat people.”

Me: “…What?”

Operator: “You put me with a fatty. Fatties are not people. I refuse to work with this… thing.”

(I stay dazed for a minute to process that “info”, since I’m myself clearly overweight.)

Me: “You know discrimination is a legal offen—”

Operator: “No, no, no, no, no, it’s not! Fatties do nothing but eat, fart and be ugly! They’re not people!”

Me: “I’m going to have to write you up for this.”

Operator: “But why? I’m right! Fatties are NOT people! YOU are not people! How can you judge people when you can’t stop yourself to eat?! You’re not people!”

(After discussion with the centre director, she was terminated on the spot. In a cruel twist of irony, the “fatty” in her team is now a manager.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!