Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Driven Home The Point More

| Working | May 23, 2015

(I’d worked for this particular pizza chain for many years before finally getting my own store. My first month there I realize I need to hire more staff and start taking applications right away. One of my very first interviews is for a delivery driver position and it is going well. We go over in detail what his job duties would be and he seems really excited about the job.)

Me: “Well, everything looks great, I really like your enthusiasm, and I think you’ll be a great fit for this job. Now all I need to do is run an MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) on you and make sure you’re eligible to drive. It should only take a few days and I’ll let you know. I just need to see your license.”

Interviewee: “What license?”

Me: “Your driver’s license…”

Interviewee: “Oh, I don’t have one of those.”

Me: “You don’t have a driver’s license? You do realize this position is for a delivery driver, right?”

Interviewee: “Yeah, but I didn’t think I needed to have a license to do that.”

Me: “You didn’t think you needed a driver’s license to drive?”

(After this I started asking every potential applicant BEFORE bringing them in for an interview. In the two years since this happened I’ve had this exact same conversation with more than a dozen people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!