Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Seizure The Moment

| Romantic | June 24, 2012

(I am with my boyfriend at my very first anime convention. While in gothic costume, we head over to a chain of restaurants for breakfast. We are ambushed.)

Random girl: “Hi there! Neat outfits.”

Me: “Thanks! I just threw it together quickly for the convention.”

(The girl looks puzzled for a moment and then hands me a flyer. My boyfriend tries to stop me, but it’s too late.)

Random girl: “Do you want us to pray for you? You seem like a sweet girl.”

Me: “That’s okay. I prayed at church this morning.”

(At this point we are surrounded by six or seven of the flyer welding churchgoers.)

Random girl: “Oh, I insist! Let us just do a short little prayer for you!”

(They all join hands around us and start praying loudly. People nearby are starting to stop and stare.)

Me: *whispering to my boyfriend* “What do we do?!”

Boyfriend: “I don’t know. You got us into this.”

Me: “Okay, don’t freak out.”

(I suddenly drop to the floor and start thrashing around like I’m having a seizure while sobbing in pain. The church group freaks out and runs off as my boyfriend helps me up.)

Boyfriend: “I knew I loved you for a reason!”

(Apparently, some fellow convention goers saw it, because during the next few days, I had people wanting to take pictures with the ‘Seizure Girl’.)


This story is part of our Anime roundup!

Read the next Anime roundup story!

Read the Anime roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!