Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refusing To Open The Door Of Reason

| Related | March 18, 2015

(It is my neighbour’s 18th birthday, in the early afternoon. The doorbell has just rung. My dad looks out the window.)

Dad: “I’m not answering it. It’s a young girl. Probably trying to sell me some crap.”

(Later that evening, a party starts next door and continues into the early hours of the morning, with loud music and screaming.)

Dad: “That’s completely unacceptable. They didn’t even inform us. We have young kids here! I’m going to go and talk to them.”

(My dad goes next door, and relays the following conversation to us when he comes back.)

Dad: “I’d just like to let you know that I’m really angry about the party last night. It was incredibly loud and disruptive, particularly given you know lots of families live in this street.”

Neighbour’s Father: “I’m so sorry. I told her to go around and inform every person in the street that she would be hosting a party last night. She’ll be getting a talking to.”

(After my dad tells that story, we return to our normal conversation.)

Dad: “So apparently she just didn’t have the courtesy to come over and talk to us.”

Mum: “Didn’t a young girl come to the door yesterday and you refused to open it?”

Dad: “…Yes. Yes, she did. I’ll just go and apologise, shall I?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!