Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting The Dire Into Directions, Part 2

| Right | August 7, 2013

(I’m boarding passengers at a stop.)

Passenger: “Excuse me, do you go to [street]?”

Me: “No, ma’am, I’m going in the other direction.”

Passenger: “Ugh! I was told that bus [number] goes to [street], but you’re the third one I’ve asked, and they all say they’re going in the opposite direction!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, because all of the traffic on this side of the street goes in that direction. You need to board on the other side of the street to catch buses going in that direction.”

Passenger: “But you’re bus [number]! You should be going that direction!”

Me: “The bus routes go both directions, ma’am. You need bus [number] eastbound, on the other side of the street. Actually, I can see it just a few blocks down right now. If you just cross here to that stop right across the street, you can catch it in just a moment.”

Passenger: “Oh, no, no, I don’t want to go all the way to the other side. I guess I’ll just have to keep on waiting. But if the right bus doesn’t come soon, I’m going to be very annoyed!”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!