Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pumped Up About Not Pumping Up

| Right | May 10, 2013

(A customer is yelling and swearing at the new cashier, insisting that the amount of gas he put in his car wasn’t the amount he was charged. The cashier is getting a little frazzled.)

Me: “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Customer: “This d*** store gave me less gas than I paid for! The pump is wrong!”

Me: “So, wait. You mean that you bought a pre-set amount of gas, pumped it, and you think the pump gave you the wrong amount?”

Customer: “Yes! My tank should be full, and it’s not!”

Me: “Sir, those gas pumps are federally regulated. I happen to know—for a fact—that you actually get slightly more than you pay for, just so this sort of thing doesn’t happen.”

Customer: “That’s stupid; this is none of your business, b****!”

(He turns to the cashier.)

Customer: “I want to speak to your manager!”

Cashier: “Sir, he’s in Puerto Rico.”

Customer: “Well, I need to talk to him now!”

Cashier: “From Puerto Rico?”

Customer: “Yes, you d*** b****!”

Me: “[Cashier], don’t call him.”

Customer: “What the h*** do you think you’re doing? I said call him!”

Me: “Well, sir, she could call him. But I really doubt he’d be willing to help you after you cussed out his employee and his daughter.”

(The customer storms out and returns a few minutes later. I’m about to threaten to call the police, when he passes the cashier a $20 bill.)

Customer: “I, uh, forgot to pump it, sorry.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!