Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Prize Example Of Demanding Customers

| Right | December 10, 2015

(I work at an amusement park in Ohio running games in the park. Today I am overseeing a racing game with prizes.)

Me: “Hi, how may players?”

Customer: “Just me and my son.”

Me: “All right, that will be six dollars.”

(The customer hands me her credit card and I swipe it. After handing it back another family shows up and pays to play. I run the race and the other family wins.)

Me: “Would you like to try again?”

Customer: “Yes.”

(She hands me her card. I turn on the water guns and she is not sitting down to play.)

Me: “Ma’am, I need two people to play. You were going to play with your son, right?”

Customer: “No! I just want him to play!”

Me: “Uhm, I can try and find someone to play against him but you already paid saying that it was you and your son.”

Customer: “I did not! I just wanted to buy the prize.”

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t actually sell you the prize.”

Customer: “Then why did I pay? I want to speak to your supervisor!”

Me: “Ma’am, my supervisor isn’t in currently. What can I do to make things right?”

Customer: “You can refund me and give me the prize I paid for.”

Me: “I can refund you but I cannot give you a prize.”

Customer: “I already paid once; I should get my prize!”

Me: “Ma’am, another family raced against you and your son and they won, therefore they got the prize.”

Customer: “Why am I even listening to you?!” *storms off*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!