Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Getting Crabby About The Lobster

| Working | July 14, 2016

(At the time of this story, I had just graduated from college and was visiting Martha’s Vineyard for the first time. I have ordered a lobster roll because the area is known for excellent seafood; however, I had never tried lobster before and I took one bite of the sandwich and realized it is an acquired taste that I have not acquired. I pick at my food, but it is mostly untouched by the time the server returns.)

Server: “You didn’t like your lobster roll?”

Me: *feeling guilty for not eating more of their nicely prepared food* “Well, um… I just…

Server: “Between you and me, I think lobster tastes like s***.”

Me: *deer in the headlights*

Server: “Do you want me to throw that away for you?”

Me: “No, thanks. Could I get a box to take it home?”

Server: “What are you going to do with it?”

Me: “I could have it for lunch tomorrow.”

Server: “Why would you do that to yourself?”

Me: “Maybe I’ll like it more tomorrow?”

(He did bring me a box and the lobster roll was slightly better the next day, but I haven’t ordered lobster since then.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!