Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Being Straight With Each Other

| Romantic | February 10, 2014

(I am a gay male but haven’t come out to my family yet. I am house sitting for my grandma while she is in a nursing home recovering from surgery. She has set up a blind date between me and a female nurse. I don’t want to upset her and am not ready to come out, so I go. We are having a great time, but toward the end of the night I start getting really uncomfortable because I don’t want to lead her on.)

Me: “Hey, uh… I need to tell you something about me…”

Date: “Yeah… I need to tell you something, too.”

(She also seems really nervous about something, but I knew that if I didn’t go first I would never get it out.)

Me: “I’m gay. I only came on this date for Nana.”

(She starts laughing, and I am so embarrassed I get up to leave.)

Date: “No, wait. I’m not laughing at you. I’m laughing because I am a lesbian. That’s what I needed to tell you.”

(We both had a laugh at the way Nana roped us into the date and have been close friends ever since!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!