Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not All Fantasies Are Final

| Romantic | November 10, 2011

(This conversation happened while my then-girlfriend and I were dating. It was our third date, and somehow the conversation had come around to children.)

Girlfriend: “So, um, do you like kids?”

Me: “Sure do. I have six younger cousins, which I used to babysit during the summer.”

Girlfriend: “Aww, that’s cute. So, um, do you think you would ever have kids of your own someday?”

Me: *shrugs* “Yeah. Maybe. I’ve always thought it would be nice to have a little girl of my own.”

Girlfriend: “Really? You’ve always wanted a daughter? Me too.”

Me: “That’s cool. Let me guess…you have a name picked out already, don’t you?”

Wife: *shyly* “Yes…I picked it from Final Fantasy.”

Me: “Huh? Really? Let me guess…is it Aerith?”

(FYI, Aerith is a well-known female video game character from Final Fantasy VII.)

Girlfriend: “How’d you guess?”

Me: “I didn’t. I’ve always liked that name. I wouldn’t mind having a daughter with that name.”

Girlfriend: “That’s cute. Maybe if you’re lucky, that might happen.”

Me: “Maybe…”

(It’s five years later, and we’re married. My wife and I also have a little girl named Aerith!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!