Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Stop And Take A Minute

, | Right | July 26, 2013

(I work at a fast food chain, where most of the food just needs to be assembled on order. However, some items are rarely ordered, so we don’t prepare them since we’d have to throw them out if nobody purchases it within a certain time. It normally takes five to seven minutes to cook these items.)

Customer: “Hi, I’d like a [food item], please.”

Me: “Sure, that’ll be [total].”

Customer: *hands money* “Thank you.”

Me: “No, problem, here’s your change. Just wait over there until your order is ready.”

(The manager comes over as I’m making drinks for the customer.)

Manager: “Did you inform the customer that there will be a five minute wait on [food item]?”

Me: “I wasn’t aware there was, but I’ll let him know.”

Manager: “It’s fine. I’ll talk to him; you’re busy.” *to customer* “Excuse me, sir, did you order [food item]?”

Customer: *irritated* “Yeah, what’s the problem?”

Manager: “We have to make that item fresh, so it’ll be about five minutes. Is that alright?”

Customer: “No, it’s not f****** alright! You should have told me earlier. Now I don’t f****** want it!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, sir. I told you as soon as I found out. If you like, I can offer you a refund, or you can have something else.”

Customer: “F****** h***. Can’t you do anything right?! I’m not going to f****** wait for my d*** food.”

Manager: “I’m sorry, sir; it’s not my fault. I’ve given you the option of getting a refund if you’d like one.”

Cook: *yells to manager* “The [food item] is ready!”

Manager: “I’m really sorry about the wait, sir, but your food is ready! Would you like it?”

Customer: “No, just give me my f****** money back.”

Manager: “It’s ready though. Wouldn’t you rather—”

Customer: “I want my f****** money! This has been terrible service with your f****** smug tone and inconsiderate attitude. You think you’re better then me and can just f****** act that way!”

Manager: “I’m sorry you feel that way; have a nice day.”

Customer: “Yeah, yeah, f*** you.” *stomps out with his money*

Manager: *to me* “I’m going for a smoke.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!