Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Naked Math

| Romantic | March 17, 2014

(My boyfriend and I are texting each other back and forth. I mention that I’m tired but I can’t go to bed yet because all of my pajamas are in the dryer and I don’t like sleeping naked when I’m by myself. We are both excruciatingly poor at the moment and running WAY out of gas, so we haven’t seen each other in over a week.)

Boyfriend: “Don’t make me risk driving to [Town] and running out of gas to sleep next to you naked tonight.”

Me: “Well, think about it. How many miles to the gallon does your car get?”

Boyfriend: “Wait, are you trying to convince me?”

Me: “I’m helping you through a thought process. Work with me here. What MPG does your car get?”

Boyfriend: “20-23 on average.”

Me: “Okay. So. When your gas light comes on, it usually means you have a gallon of gas left in your tank. So you should be able to make it 20 miles without running out of gas. From your house to mine is 18.3 miles, and takes about 20 minutes. Not to mention it’s after midnight so your paycheck may have gone through already. That being said, my laundry will probably finish before you get here anyway. I’ll be in bed asleep in my pajamas by the time you would get here. Plus, you have to turn around and go to work tomorrow morning. You would only get to spend about an hour of awake time with me. You have to decide. It takes a gallon of gas to get here, and a gallon to get back. Gas is about $3.50 right now. It may be higher in Lewisville; I don’t know. So it would be $7 and 40 minutes of your time to spend about an hour of awake time and sleep in my bed with me. And I probably wouldn’t even be naked.”

Boyfriend: “I’m willing to chance it.”

(Half an hour later he showed up at my door! He’s a keeper!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!