Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lightweight Light Humor

| Working | May 10, 2016

(I am a very tiny, lightly built person who clearly does not need to lose weight. I’m waiting for a phone call from a place I’m trying to get into and notice that I missed a call while I was in the bathroom. Thinking it’s the call I’m waiting for, I call it back. Instantly I realize with dismay that I’ve just called a telemarketer, but before I can hang up, an actual person answers.)

Telemarketer: “Good evening. Are you calling back in regards to a phone call?”

Me: “Uh, yeah. I was just wondering who called me.”

Telemarketer: “Oh, well we’re [Company] and what we’re trying to do is [goes off on a spiel describing a weight loss supplement that they want to pay me to test and how much I can lose on it]. So, how much weight do you want to lose?”

Me: “Well, actually, I don’t want to lose any weight. I’m only 112lbs.”

Telemarketer: *laughing* “Okay, well, we don’t want you to disappear, then. Goodbye!”

(She was very polite the entire time and something about that last comment, combined with her politeness, made me really laugh once I’d hung up.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!