Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Knocked Back By An Explosion Of Ignorance

| Right | September 30, 2014

(Obviously at a gas station, most people know that gas is flammable and it’s dangerous to leave your car running while pumping gas. When we see a car running we are supposed to shut off the pump and tell them to turn off their vehicles so they can resume fueling the vehicle. Most do it; some fought about it.)

Me: *shut off a pump and talk over the intercom* “Ma’am, on pump nine, in the black car, can you please turn off your vehicle so I can restart the pump?”

(I watch the customer continue to try and pump gas, ignoring me. I tell her two more times to turn off the car before she finally hangs up the pump and comes in.)

Customer: “I have pump nine. $2.83. And I couldn’t turn off my car because I had my kid in there.”

Me: “It’s the law, ma’am. Your kid won’t freeze in the few minutes the car is turned off. If I had let you continue you could have possibly blown up the place and it wouldn’t have mattered if your kid was in the car.”

Customer: “I’ve never heard of such a thing in my life.”

Me: “It happened not too long ago at [Nearby City].”

Customer: “That’s bulls***. I’m never going to stop here again.”

Me: “That’s fine with me, ma’am. I’d like to keeping living and not get blown up by ignorant people such as yourself. Have a nice day.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!