Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Say The Magic Record

| Working | February 23, 2013

(I have two health insurance plans. My pharmacy will file for the primary plan but not the secondary. So, I file it every six months. To do so, I need an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from my primary insurance. Getting one is always harder than pulling teeth.)

Rep: “Thank you for calling [insurance company]. This is [name]. How may I help you?”

Me: “Hi, I am needing an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from January 1 to June 30th, and I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “I am sorry, ma’am; we cannot do that.”

Me: “Melissa, I know at your level you can’t. That’s why I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “Yes, ma’am. How may we help you?”

Me: “I am needing an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from January 1 to June 30th, and I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “I am sorry, ma’am; we cannot do that.”

Me: “I know at your level you can’t; that is why I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “Yes, ma’am. How may we help you?”

(This actually went in circles for a few times, with the rep sounding more condescending and really enjoying herself. In frustration, I hang up, fuming. Ten minutes later, I call back. I get the same rep again. First sentence and she is already enjoying herself.)

Rep: “Thank you for calling [insurance company]. This is [name]. How may I help you?”

Me: “Hi, I am needing an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from January 1 to June 30th, and I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “I am sorry, ma’am; we cannot do that.”

Me: “I know at your level you can’t that is why I need to speak to a supervisor. And there is another thing I know. I know: I am RECORDING this, and I need to speak to a supervisor.”

Rep: “Yes, ma’am!” *transfers me immediately*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!