Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Say Tomato, You Say…

, | Working | January 20, 2015

(I am working as the backup order taker at the drive thru one night. The woman working drive thru was busy with a customer at the window, so I took the next customer’s order.)

Me: “Welcome to [Store]. Can I take your order?”

Customer: “Yes, I’d like a [Signature Burger] combo with no tomato and no pickle, and a diet coke.”

Me: “Okay, a [Signature Burger] combo with no pomato, no tickle.”

(I pause, realizing what I just said. The customer chuckles.)

Me: “Sorry. That’s no pomato, no tickle.”

(Again I pause, realizing I did it again. Customer chuckles again.)

Me: “One more time. No pomato, no tickle.”

(Another pause. More chuckling.)

Me: “Okay. So a [Signature Burger] meal with special toppings and a diet [Soda]. Is there anything else?”

Customer: “No, that’s everything.”

Me: “Okay, that’ll be [cost]. Please drive to the window.”

(The customer pulls up to the window, pays, and my coworker turns to get the change. I go to the window to talk to the customer.)

Me: “I’m really sorry about that. I don’t know why I can’t say no pomato, no tickle. I just did it again.”

Customer: *laughing* “Yes, I don’t mind, really.”

(My coworker gets the food while I think about how the words should sound. I ask to hand the food to the customer.)

Me: “Here’s your [Signature Burger] combo with no tomato, no pickle. Have a good night.”

Customer: “Thanks, and you got it this time. Bye.”


This story is part of the Burger roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Perplexing Stories About Pickles!

 

Read the next Burger roundup story!

Read the Burger roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!