Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Human Kindness Stretches Beyond A Dollar

, | Working | March 12, 2015

(A bunch of my friends and I are staying after school one day to go to a school function, and we decide we were hungry. There is six of us, and between us we have eleven dollars. Luckily, there is a fast food restaurant that has a dollar menu about five minutes away by walking.)

Cashier: “Hello and welcome to [Restaurant]. May I take your order?”

Me: “Yes, I have eleven dollars and need to feed six people.”

(I go through the order, which was six burgers and four large drinks, which would cover everyone if we shared. Unfortunately, it cost a dollar more than we had.)

Friend #1: “Okay, guys, empty your pockets!”

Friend #2: “I have 68 cents!”

(At this time I notice a man in line with two little girls and his wallet out. He pulls out a dollar and hands it to Friend #1.)

Me: “Oh, my god, thank you so much, sir!”

Friend #1: “That was so nice! Thank you!”

(I pay for the food, and then the cashier pulls out four large cups so we can fill them at the drink fountain. As I’m passing them out, I hear two more cups being placed on the counter.)

Cashier: “Don’t say I never did anything for you. Now, have a good day.”

(This made our day, in between the random man helping us and the extra cups so everyone could get their own. We made the function in time, too!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!