Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grand Theft Innocence, Part 10

| Right | July 2, 2014

(I work in a video game store where you can give back old games to get a discount on other ones. It’s a slow day, and a somewhat older female customer comes to the counter.)

Me: “Oh, hello, ma’am. What can we do for you?”

Customer: “Well, I’ve found my son’s old educational games while dusting off shelves, and I’d like to buy him something new.”

(I pass the games to a coworker, so she can check out prices and the disks’ states, while I help the customer with choosing a game.)

Coworker: “Err, ma’am, there’s something wrong with the games.”

Customer: “What?”

(My coworker shows us the disks. It’s actually stuff like ‘GTA,’ ‘Call of Duty,’ ‘Saints Row’ and other 18-rated games.)

Me: “How old is your son, ma’am?”

Customer: “He’s 14… Why?”

Coworker: “Well, those games are not for people under 18. Due to violence, nudi—”

(The customer storms out, leaving the games on the counter. 15 minutes later, she comes back dragging her son by the arm and with the original boxes.)

Customer: *to her son* “These. 18-rated games. Explain.”

(The customer’s son explained that he asked a friend’s older brother to go and buy the games for him. His mother left us the 18-rated games and their boxes.)

Related:
Grand Theft Innocence, Part 9
Grand Theft Innocence, Part 8
Grand Theft Innocence, Part 7
Grand Theft Innocence, Part 6
Grand Theft Innocence, Part 5

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!