Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Customers Are Worth Their Waiter In Gold

| Right | October 2, 2012

(I am waiting on a table with a particularly bratty little kid and his mother.)

Kid: “Hey, you!” *rudely shakes his empty cup at me*

Me: “Hey Bud! Can I help you with something?”

Kid’s Mom: *sarcastically* “I think its pretty obvious that he needs something else to drink, if it’s not too much trouble, since your job is SO hard and all!”

(Hearing this, a customer at the next table speaks up.)

Another Customer: “Ha! The only thing obvious to me, lady, is that you and your husband clearly haven’t taught that little punk any manners. As for this young lady’s job, I’m sure it is difficult! If I had to deal with horrible folks like you all day I would probably want to hang myself.” *to me* “My hats off to you, sweetheart!”

(The look on that woman’s face was priceless! The bratty kid and his mom family left soon after that episode, while the other customer high-fived me every time I walked by his table. On top of that, he left me a 50% tip. Some good customers really make this crap worth while!)


Did you find this story using our Waitstaff roundup?

Click here to get to the first story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!