Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

First Class A**-Hole With First World Problems

| Right | April 20, 2016

(I work for a very exclusive fashion house, and many of our customers like to frequent an online forum about luxury handbags. These are hands down the WORST clients because they think that everything they read or see on the attached YouTube videos is absolute truth.)

Me: “Good afternoon. Welcome to [Store]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I have a problem. You did not give me the right storage box for my bag. You also did not give me the right felt. It’s flat, and all crunched up in the box.”

(She pulls out one of our signature pieces, which is known for its ability to fold flat.)

Me: “Oh, you have the [Bag]! It’s one of our classic pieces, and it’s folded the way it was designed to be stored. The felt that you received is the same one that came with the piece when it arrived from the workshop, and the box we wrapped it in was specifically designed to hold this bag while it’s folded.”

Customer: “That is a bald-faced lie. I went on [Online Forum], and asked everyone. They said it should come fully stuffed with bubble wrap, and in a box twice this size. I’ve also been watching YouTube videos of people’s bag reveals, and theirs look totally different.”

Me: “Okay, well, we have very specific company guidelines on how to wrap these pieces, but I can wrap it differently if you prefer.”

Customer: “I want you to wrap it the way they did on YouTube. And I want an apology for having to drive all the way out here.”

Me: “Okay, I’m sorry. I’ll re-wrap.”

(I take her bag in the back, pull some bubble wrap from the recycle bin, and stuff it, and put it in another box. I take it out…)

Customer: “That’s not the box from the video.”

Me: “Well, this is what I have that will fit.”

Customer: *opens box… now REALLY annoyed* “And it’s not the right felt! What kind of service is this?”

Me: “Why don’t you show me the video?”

Customer: “I shouldn’t have to do that. You should be smart enough to know what you’re doing.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not sure what you’re asking me to do. If you showed me—”

Customer: “I shouldn’t have to tell you how to do your job!”

Me: “Ma’am, people post a lot of things online. They don’t always use the same felts and boxes that we might here in the store to post their pictures. They stage things.”

Customer: “Oh, so, it might not even be real? Why would they post if it wasn’t real?”

Me: “I don’t know. Without knowing what you saw, I can’t tell. I can only wrap it the way that I know or how you just described.”

Customer: “Oh, okay. You can just wrap it up like it was before, then. I’ll just take it the way it was.”

Me: *sighs, walks in the back to wrap it again*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!