Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fighting Hire With Fire, Part 3

| Working | January 30, 2013

(Our return policy is to give store credit when the customer has a gift receipt.)

Customer: “I’d like to return this CD. I have the receipt.”

Me: “Okay, with your gift receipt, all I can do is store credit.”

Customer: “No, I’ll have the cash.”

Me: “That’s not an option. If you have the original receipt, I can give credit that way, but with the gift receipt, it’s store credit or nothing.”

Customer: “This is f****** stupid. You are a f****** a**hole!”

Me: “I don’t make the rules; I just follow them.”

Customer: *pulls another receipt out* “I have the original receipt.”

Me: “Okay, so this was paid with a credit card. Do you have that Visa? I need it to put the credit on it.”

Customer: “No, just put it on there.”

Me: “Sir, I need the card to put the credit on it. Without the same card, it’s store credit or no return.”

Customer: “F*** you!”

Me: “No, thank you.”

Customer: “Give me the store credit, you f***ing a**hole.”

Me: “I will process your return, but you will NOT speak another word to me or I will call the police outside and tell them how you’ve harassed me this whole time.”

Customer:*shuts up*

(Two weeks later, I recognize this customer in line again. I’ve changed my hairstyle and am wearing my glasses, so he doesn’t know me at all.)

Customer: “I want to turn in this job application.”

Me: *takes his application* “Okay, thanks… I’ll it give to my manager.”

Customer: “Thanks! What is your name?”

Me: “I believe you remember me from two weeks ago?! You called me a f****** a**hole, if I remember correctly?”

Customer: “Uh… you remember that?”

Me: “I never forget a face, but more importantly, I never forget people like you. I alerted security to your behavior last time, and as soon as you walk away from here, I’ll call them again. I’m also banning you from the store, and I now have your name, phone number, and address from this application. Please never return again, or I will call the police on you.”

(He literally turned white and sprinted from the counter. Thank goodness I’ve got the authority to do this!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!