Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Extra Closed-Minded Management

| Working | November 25, 2016

(It is about nine pm on Black Friday. Realizing I am going to need some things for the morning I take a spin around to the big chain supermarket a couple blocks from my house. When I get there, the lot is near-empty and both sets of entry doors are locked, but all the lights are on in the store. Considering the entire front wall is a row of windows, I clearly saw a couple dozen people meandering around still shopping, workers at the register, etc. A little confused, I get out my cell phone and call them up, knowing it’s answered by the Customer Service desk which I can see from the entryway.)

Customer Service: “Hello, thank you for calling [Store]. How may I help you?”

Me: “Yeah, I was wondering what time you were open till tonight?”

Customer Service: “We’ll be open for about another hour, sir.”

Me: “Really? Because I’m standing at your entrance and both sets of doors are locked.”

(The lady did a double-take to where I was standing, a big smile on as I waved at her. I hear her yelp over the phone before dropping it and trotting over to unlock the door, which sets me off laughing.)

Customer Service: “I’m so sorry about that, sir! I don’t know why they were locked!”

Me: “Don’t worry about it. It was probably just a—”

Manager: “[Customer Service]! What are you doing?!”

(We both spin around in shock to see an extremely pissed-off manager storming up.)

Customer Service: “Oh, I was just letting a guest in. Someone locked both sets of doors instead—”

Manager: “I know! I did!”

Me: “Wait, what? You completely locked up?”

Manager: “Of course! We’ve been open since two hours earlier than usual. I’m not staying open just to let a couple stragglers in!”

Me: “Were you specifically here since seven this morning?”

Manager: “Of course not.”

Me: “Then quit your b****in’ and let me go buy some eggs and milk for the morning.”

Manager: “You don’t know what kind of shape this store is in. We’ll be here another two hours just cleaning up!”

(I did eventually get all the way into the store. It was no worse than on any given “slightly busier than normal” day. Needless to say, the next day I called back, talked to the morning manager, and put in a complaint.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!