Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Diagnosis Doesn’t Have A Leg To Stand On

| Working | November 26, 2016

(I have recurring pain that will come and go. I always carry a folding cane and medication with me. I’m outside the store when pain starts up and I grab a nearby wall to lean on and take a pill. After a little rest I get my cane and continue walking and go up the few steps of the store with difficulty.)

Cashier: “Are you okay?

Me: “Yeah. Just some pain. I can manage.”

Cashier: “Okay.”

(I’m much better in the middle of shopping so I put my cane away and continue walking like normal. I then go to that cashier, there’s no one else there.)

Cashier: “I thought you were a cripple!”

Me: “What? No, my leg is just painful sometimes.”

Cashier: “That makes no sense. You can either walk or can’t walk.”

Me: “Have you ever had any pain?”

Cashier: “Sure, but takes a while to recover not 15 minutes! And you walk completely fine now, not even a limp. Why did you fake pain earlier or at least greatly exaggerated it?”

Me: “…”

Cashier: “Why?”

(I silently show her my medicine bottle.)

Cashier: “That could be for anything or you’re just addicted.”

Me: “I don’t think you have any say in my medical diagnosis and treatment or mental well-being. Please just continue this transaction.”

Cashier: “Fine, but you need psychological help.”

Me: *sighs*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!